Useful Information for Your Stay
Directions to Lawai Beach Resort
Lawai Beach Resort is on the south shore of the Island of Kauai in Sunny Poipu. Just 14 miles from the airport and the town of Lihue, a 25-minute drive will bring you to your Home away from home.
Upon leaving the Lihue Airport:
- Turn left onto the airport access road (Ahukini Road, Hwy 570) and follow this road until you reach the stoplight at the junction of Kuhio Hwy (Hwy 56).
- Turn left here and drive through the town of Lihue until you reach another set of stoplights at the junction with Kaumualii Hwy (Hwy 50).
- Turn right onto Hwy 50 and keep on this road through the town of Puhi, where Kauai Community College is located.
- Drive approximately 6 miles along the highway until you reach a junction with a sign indicating Hwy 520 to Koloa and Poipu.
- Turn left here, proceed through the tree tunnel and follow the road until you reach the town of Koloa.
- At the road junction at Koloa, turn right and then left at the Chevron station, following the signs to Poipu. Keep on this road and when you reach the rock wall sign (Welcome to Poipu Beach), take the right fork (Spouting Horn) in the road.
- You will now be on Lawai Road. Keep on this road until you arrive at the entrance to Lawai Beach Resort, which is just across from the Beach House Restaurant.
- Our Registration Desk is located in the Banyan Building. Turn right at the first driveway (next to the public parking area) and the Banyan Building is on your left.
- If you miss this entrance, there is a second entrance at the torch lit Lawai Beach Resort property sign between the Banyan and Alii Buildings (turn right and the Banyan will then be on your right).
It is recommended that you rent a car during your stay. There is limited bus service available every couple of hours and there is a small grocery store within 1.5 miles. However, most of the stores, restaurants and sights of the island are spread out geographically. A taxi from the airport to the Resort is approximately $30 to $35.
Available shuttle service: Surf & Turf Shuttle Service, LLC.
This shuttle service offers Poipu - Airport and Koloa - Poipu routes service.
Poipu - Airport: $15/person
Koloa - Poipu: $3/person
Please call: 808-651-4779
Front Desk Hours
Monday-Sunday: 5 AM - 1 AM
Should you have any problem locating the Resort, please call us at 808-240-5100. Aloha!